March 14, 2008
Is Steven Hall of Coarsegold, CA.
The question was answering the question of Al’s T4G address "Why Do They Hate It So?"–substitutionary atonement.
Steven’s answer is:
Substitution is offensive because it means:
- I am guilty (actual, real guiltwhether I feel it or not)
- I am accountable for who I am and for my actions
- I am unable to do it myself
- I am a sinner, not sick or not meeting my potential
- It means I am guilty of Adam’s sinfederal headship
- My sin was so offensive to God, it took the death of His Son to pay for it
- God has not regenerated them
- Salvation is all of grace
- God executes judgment for sin
We look forward to Al’s answer at the conference. Pray for our brother as he prepares to address us.